SVAS Photo Section Photographic Competition – 2017
There are two Competition Categories:
- Any aircraft in motion (including static with prop turning) at Old Warden.
- A subject or activity at Old Warden that is not eligible for category 1. above.
- The competition is open to prints only.
- All prints entered must be mounted on mounting board and titled.
- Mounts to be A3 size with a maximum print size of 30cm by 21cm.
- Only SVAS Photo Section members are eligible and the entrant’s name, Category entered and SVAS membership number must be written on the back of the mount.
- All entries must have been taken since the start of the 2015 display season.
- Members may enter up to 5 prints in each category. None of the entries is to have been entered in any other SVAS photographic competition or been published previously in Prop-Swing.
- The entry fee is £3 per print. Cheques are to be payable to SVAS.
- Entries will be displayed in Hangar 6 on the Engineering Open days (29th and 30th December 2017).
- Entries may be handed in at the shop up to 3pm on 28th December. However, it would help the organisers if they arrived earlier. They (together with entry fee) may be handed in at the shop at Old Warden or posted to SVAS Photo Section, Old Warden Aerodrome, BIGGLESWADE, SG18 9EP, in all cases marked ‘to be held for collection by Paul Ferguson’.
- The results of the competition will be announced, and awards presented, at the Photo Section meeting to be held early in 2018 (date to be advised). Winning entries will be published in Prop-Swing.
The competition will be judged by Ian Frimston who has considerable experience in both photography and the Shuttleworth Collection; he has previously judged the RAF photographic competition.
The winner and runner up in each category will receive an engraved award.