Photographic Competition Rules – 2019
There are two Competition Categories:
A. Any aircraft in flight (i.e. entirely off the ground) at Old Warden.
B. Any subject or activity at Old Warden not eligible for category A1. 1. The competition is open to prints only.
2. All prints entered must be mounted on mounting board and have a title on the front of the mount.
3. Mounts to be A3 size with a maximum print size of 30cm by 21cm.
4. Only SVAS Photo Section members are eligible and the entrant’s name, category entered and SVAS membership number to be on the back of the mount.
5. All entries must have been taken since the start of the 2017 display season and must not have been published previously in Prop-Swing.
6. Members may enter up to 5 prints in each category.
7. The entry fee is £3 per print payable in cash or cheque payable to SVAS.
8. Entries will be displayed at Old Warden over the Engineering Open Workshop days (27th and 28th December 2019). The public will be invited to vote for their favourite picture and their favourite will be published in Prop-Swing. After the exhibition all the entries will be sent for professional judging.
9. The closing date is 24th December 2019. However, it would help the organisers if entries arrived earlier. They (together with entry fee) may be handed in at the shop at Old Warden or posted to SVAS Photo Section, Old Warden Aerodrome, BIGGLESWADE, SG18 9EP, marked ‘For collection by Barry Euinton, SVAS Photo Section’.
10. The results of the professional judging will be announced, and awards presented, at the Photo Section meeting to be held early in 2020 (date to be advised). Entries will be available for return to entrants after the meeting but if not collected by 30th June 2020 may be offered for sale.
11. Winning entries will be published in Prop-Swing.
The competition will be judged by Ian Frimston who has considerable experience in both photography and the Shuttleworth Collection; he has previously judged the RAF photographic competition.
The winner and runner up in each category will receive an engraved award.