Subject: Anything that typifies Shuttleworth
This includes any aircraft, other vehicle or person present at Old Warden at the time of the photograph. Aircraft and vehicles, whether or not based at Old Warden, don’t have to be owned by the Collection so occasional visitors are eligible as are all the multifarious vehicles, engines, machines, cycles (motor or otherwise), seen on site from time to time. And don’t forget the people associated with the Collection such as the pilots, engineers and volunteers etc. Your picture must simply evoke that Shuttleworth atmosphere.
1. The competition is open to digital images only. If images are emailed the maximum file size is 5mb.
2. Only SVAS Photo Section members are eligible. The entrant’s name and SVAS membership number must be included in the covering email or written on the cd/ dvd if applicable.
3. All entries must have been taken since the start of the 2016
4. Each member may enter up to 5 images. No entry is to have been published previously in Prop-Swing or been entered in the 2018 Print Competition.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. The closing date for submission of entries to the competition is the 28th April 2019.
7. Entries may be submitted by:
a) attaching image files to an email and sending them to: email@example.com
b) on a cd/ dvd, handed in at the shop at Old Warden or posted to SVAS Photo Section, Old Warden Aerodrome, BIGGLESWADE, SG18 9EP, in all cases marked for the attention of Paul Ferguson.
8. All entries will be uploaded to a website and the result of the competition will be announced in the Summer issue of Prop-Swing.
Judging: The whole Photo Section membership will be invited to view the website in the 3 weeks between 29th April and 19th May 2019 and to vote for the winner by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of how to view entries and how to vote will be sent to all members before the competition closes.
Prize: The winning entrant will be awarded the Ken Cates Trophy which may be held for a period of nine months. A selection of entries including the winner will be published in Prop-Swing.