The SVAS organised Scale Model Exhibition took place on the 19th February and has proved to be a very successful event in many ways.
While traders and exhibitors filled the majority of the engineering hangar at Shuttleworth, the Spitfire remained on display to provide a contrast to the smaller models displayed around it and to also allow a number of happy visitors to take the opportunity to sit in the Spitfire.
Event organiser and SVAS Chairman Kevin Panter said “The event has been the most successful yet, both in terms of visitor numbers attending and also in the quality of models. The standard of modelling this year has been exceptional; the judges have had a difficult time in picking the winners of the competitions”
The winners of the Competitions were:
- Category 1 – 1/72nd Scale or smaller – Rick Harland, A.W. Siskin IIIa
- Category 2 – 1/48th Scale or smaller (exc. Cat 1) – Richard Page, Meteor F.8
- Category 3 – Larger than 1/48th Scale – Raf Sikorski, Fiat 600 Abarth
- Junior Modeller – Charlie Jenkins, Panther Tank
- Best Shuttleworth Model – Justin Walbrugh, Ryan ST-A
- Best In Show – Ed Cawdell, Stand of Dioramas
All photographs provided by courtesy of Peter Baughan.