The Shuttleworth Trust has taken the opportunity to acquire a third bus from the renowned collection of early Leyland buses restored by Mike Sutcliffe MBE.
The Leyland SG7 was built in 1923 for Brookes Brothers, Rhyl who traded as White Rose Motors. It is a 40 seat bus with full front and a dual entrance body which is split into two saloons.
The Shuttleworth Trust decided to acquire the bus because of its uniqueness and also to supplement the wedding packages that are offered in The House and The Swiss Gardens.
Kevin Panter, Chairman of the Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society commented ‘The SVAS is very pleased to be able to help the Shuttleworth Trust by providing 50% of the funding for the acquisition of the ‘White Rose’ bus as it fits in with the early motor vehicles at the Collection. It will join the other vintage Leyland buses, which have also been purchased with assistance from the SVAS, in being used for visitor experiences of 1920s travel in short rides around the Shuttleworth estate.’
One thought on “White Rose for Shuttleworth”
Great to see such a lovely bus at the Collection.